Crash and rebuild

Maiden flight went by without any problems. No trim needed and the Four Star flew wonderfully as promised. The only issue I have is a short flight duration that I intend to fix sometime with a high capacity 3S.

During the end of my forth flight, during my landing approach, I misjudged my air speed and stalled while turning into the final leg. The plane top-stalled and plummeted 40 or 50ft through the trees. Luckily, she fell all the way down and did not get stuck on one of the higher branches as some planes at the club do.

Damage was minimal to the fuselage; only a torn landing gear. The right wind panel took to brunt of the fall and was severed to the right of the aileron servo


After consulting with an experience club member I set out to rebuild the wing by stripping all the covering and "grafting" the missing section from scratch

 

 
 


I sanded and re-covered the wing and the Four Star is ready to take the air again!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuselage and empennage

Power system and electronics