Wings

This is the first time I'm building a laser cut balsa kit. The manual seems to be very detailed including pictures and a full size plan. The only issue I have is the mismatch between measurements on the plan vs. the actual part layout and size. However, using the plan as a guide seems to be sufficient and the wing panel build was easy.

I use my magnet board and a few of my LiPo batteries to weigh things down when needed. I am not using Aliphatic wood glue and not CA as directed by the build manual. This required me to glue he wing panel in stages instead of a complete dry fit before a CA gluing stage. The part were sometimes not snug enough, so the wood glue was a better choice. I think that for a good CA bond all parts must be snug against each other.


Complete wing panels before sanding:


Wing panels attached with dihedral brace before and after sanding






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuselage and empennage

Power system and electronics